I love to crochet most things...
I can look at something and think, 'Hmmm, can this be crocheted?'
I was eating some cookies with my kids and though,t why not crochet one.
So here it is...
My Crochet Cookie Pattern.
What you will need...
- Yarn in a cookie colour. (I used Stylecraft Special DK in Parchment)
- Small amount of Yarn for the sprinkles (I used Stylecraft Special DK in Walnut)
- Crochet Hook - I used a 3.5mm hook.
- Darning Needle
- Row Counter (This is optional, but I highly recommend if you are a beginner)
- I have written this pattern in UK Terms.
- A basic knowledge of Amigurumi and of working in rounds would be helpful for you.
- Magic Circle (You can look this up if you are not sure)
- Inc (Increase)- to do 2 DC in the same space.
Round 1 - 6 Dc into Magic Circle (6)
Round 2 - Inc x6 (12)
Round 3 - Inc in first dc, then 1dc x6 (18)
Round 4 - 1dc in next two dc, then Inc x6 (24)
Round 5 - Inc in first dc, then 1 dc in next 3 dc x6 (30)
Round 6 - 1 dc in next 4 dc, then Inc x6 (36)
Round 7 - Inc in first dc, then 5 dc x6 (42)
Secure and tie off.
Leave a small tail to sew in later.
Make 2, but do not tie off after finishing the second one.
Take a length of the darker colour and thread through the darning needle.
Add random sprinkles by sewing the darker thread through the cookie, I went over the sprinkles twice to make them more prominent.
Tie the ends of the thread together to secure.
Join the 2 pieces together around the edge using dc.
(Make sure the neater sides are facing outwards)
Sew in the final end, and there you have it.
Your finished cookie, all done!
I hope you have enjoyed this pattern, and I look forward to seeing your finished cookies.
You can add whatever coloured sprinkles you wish.
You can also change the colour of your cookies too,
So many possible combinations to be made.
Thank you for taking the time to read this blog and cookie pattern.